Time is TBD|
Best of the South
Arrive at Cape Town International Airport where you will be met by our representative. Welcome and assistance with transfer to your luxurious hotel in the bustling heart of the V&A Waterfront. Check in to the Table Bay Hotel for 4 nights.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
About the Event
Best of the South
Day 1 Arrive in Cape Town
- Arrive at Cape Town International Airport where you will be met by our representative.
- Welcome and assistance with transfer to your luxurious hotel in the bustling heart of the V&A Waterfront. Check in to the Table Bay Hotel for 4 nights.
- They say there's never a bad time to visit Cape Town! Widely known as one of the most interesting and vibrant cities in the world, it is a heady cocktail of modern culture, fascinating history, and exceptional natural beauty. Situated between Robben Island and Table Mountain in the heart of Cape Town's working harbor, the ancient Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is South Africa's most visited tourist destination.
- Here Cape Dutch architecture and 21st-century skyscrapers jostle for space with 450+ retail outlets that sell everything from high-street international fashion to indigenous local jewelry. And if shopping works up an appetite, over 80 eateries present culinary delights from rustic al fresco fish and chips to starched table-cloth fine dining in settings ranging from the water’s edge to feeling the sand under your feet. Add 22 heritage landmarks, indoor entertainment venues, live performances, and countless air, land, and water activities; and we dare you to never get bored at the nerve center of Cape Town.
Day 2 Golf at Westlake / Cape Peninsula Tour
- Enjoy your first breakfast in the Mother City, before transfer for your round of golf.
- Play 1x18 holes of golf at Westlake Golf Club (Includes Green Fee, Shared Cart, and Halfway House).
- After your round, have a quick lunch at the clubhouse and depart for a half-day guided tour of the Cape Peninsula. Travel along the Atlantic seaboard via the spectacular Chapman’s Peak drive, passing the Twelve Apostles Mountains, and arrive at Cape Point at the very tip of the African peninsula. Soak in panoramic views from the iconic lighthouse and marvel at the indigenous flora and fauna at the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, which also has plenty of animals. The highlight will of course be meeting the incredibly friendly jackass penguins at Boulder’s Beach who will delight you with their comical antics.
Day 3 Golf at Steenberg
- After breakfast, you will be transferred for your next round of golf.
- Play 1x18 holes of golf at Steenberg Golf Club (Includes Green Fee, Shared Cart, and Halfway House).
- Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the many sights and sounds of this picturesque region. The Constantia suburb is the oldest wine-growing area in South Africa whose produce was even patronized by Napoleon during his confinement years in St. Helena. You could choose to spend some more time exploring the onsite Steenberg Wine Farm or any of the neighboring historic estates to sample some of their famous vintages (at your own cost) and pick up some souvenirs. Alternatively, return to your base at the Waterfront and indulge in one of the many entertainment options on offer.
Day 4 Golf at Royal Cape / Table Mountain Cableway
- This morning after breakfast, depart for your third round of golf.
- Play 1x18 holes of golf at Royal Cape Golf Course (Includes Green Fee, Shared Cart, and Halfway House).
- After your round, you will be transferred to the Table Mountain that rises up as a surreal backdrop to all of Cape Town and Few experiences are more thrilling than being whisked directly up the intricate rock-face via the state-of-the-art Cableway. It's a 5-minute ride that you won't want to end, as the rotating cabins present 360-degree panoramic views of the increasingly distant city. Table Mountain is one of the most popular attractions in the world, and it’s not until you soar to the top that you can truly appreciate its stature and the incredible city of Cape Town that bustles far below Robben Island in the distance.
Day 8 Transfer to George
- Have breakfast before checking out of Stellenbosch and transfer through the heart of Garden Route to its historic capital of George.
- Check-in to South Africa’s #1 golf resort with 3 onsite Gary Player-designed golf courses, the Fancourt Hotel for 4 nights on a bed and breakfast basis.
- The Fancourt Estate is situated in the heart of the Garden Route – one of South Africa’s most iconic tourist attractions. This expanse of organic beauty stretches along the southeast coastline from Mossel Bay to the Storms River in the Eastern Cape. The Outeniqua mountain range is well within eyeshot from the vantage point of the estate. Beyond that, forested regions, lagoons, and rolling hills provide visitors with access to all the raw, natural beauty that South Africa has to offer. Available activities along this coastline include hiking, bird-watching, canoeing, and tree canopy slides against a backdrop of scenic splendor. There are also organic food markets, craft villages, big 5 safari experiences, ocean and forest adventure activities, world-class hiking and mountain biking trails, and the world’s highest bridge bungee jump. The Garden Route is the world’s best-kept natural secret and Fancourt is the perfect place to start your adventure.
Day 9 Golf at Fancourt Montagu
- After breakfast, warm up for your first round of golf at the onsite course.
- Play 1x18 holes of golf at Fancourt Montagu Golf Course (Includes Green Fee, Shared Cart, and Halfway House).
- Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the many sights and sounds of this picturesque region or the facilities at this glorious resort.
Day 10 On your own
- Today is a day at leisure to spend on your own.
- You may choose to play an optional round at South Africa’s #1 ranked golf course, The Links at Fancourt. Designed by the legendary Gary Player and considered to be his design masterpiece, the Links at Fancourt recreates the classic courses of Scotland and Ireland in a typically South African setting with the majestic Outeniqua mountains serving as a dramatic backdrop.
- Alternatively, you could choose to stay back at the resort and enjoy the spa to rejuvenate those aching muscles or step out to discover this historic town and its suburbs. Hit the beach for aquatic activity, explore the ancient stalagmite and limestone formations at Cango Caves, meet the ostriches at Oudtshoorn or even get your taste buds singing on a quick wine tasting tour.
- Later. opt to dine in at the onsite restaurant including the La Catina for authentic Mediterranean cuisine or classic fine dining at the Henry White’s. There are plenty of nearby eateries too and we recommend you to try fresh seafood and traditional South African dishes that will be a new experience.
Day 11 Golf at Fancourt Outeniqua
- After breakfast, it's time for your next round of golf.
- Play 1x18 holes of golf at Fancourt Outeniqua Golf Course (Includes Green Fee, Shared Cart, and Halfway House).
- Spend the rest of the day on your own.
Day 5 Transfer to Winelands / Golf at Erinvale
- Enjoy your final breakfast in Cape Town before checkout and transfer to the Cape Winelands.
- En route, play 1x18 holes at Erinvale Golf Course (Includes Green Fee, Shared Cart, and Halfway House).
- After golf, transfer to your hotel. Check-in to the luxurious Lanzerac Wine Estate for 3 nights.
- It's hard to imagine that within a 15-minute drive of leaving the bustling Waterfront area, you could stumble upon a leafy valley of rolling hills and vineyards, meandering through historic wine estates and ancient brooks that seem untouched since the Cape's first settlers. Welcome to the Cape Winelands, South Africa's main wine-producing region, spread across the picturesque hamlets of Stellenbosch, Paarl, and Franschhoek.
Day 6 Golf at Pearl Valley / Wine Tasting
- After breakfast transfer to the neighboring town of Paarl for your next round of golf.
- Play 1x18 holes of golf at Pearl Valley Golf Course (Includes Green Fee, Shared Cart, and Halfway House).
- After golf, it's time to make your taste buds dance as you return back to the Estate for a delectable wine tasting session at Lanzerac. Enjoy a premium tasting of the estate’s wines that include Pinotage Rosé, Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay, Syrah, Merlot, Pinotage, Cabernet Sauvignon.
Day 7 On Your Own
- Today it's time to take a break from all your activities and simply relax. You could choose to stay at this sprawling luxurious estate and learn about its 327-year-old history and explore it further. Alternatively, step out to discover the old university town of Stellenbosch filled with art galleries, bistros, cafes, and ancient oaks.
Day 12 Transfer to Port Elizabeth
- Bid farewell to Fancourt this morning, as you are transferred after breakfast along the Garden Route to the neighboring province of Eastern Cape.
- Check in to the luxurious Shamwari Sindile Lodge for 2 nights.
- Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a luxury safari and game lodge destination in South Africa’s ecologically and culturally significant Eastern Cape Province. Meaning “friend” in the local Shona language, Shamwari is home to the famous Big 5 and offers abundant wildlife, fauna, and flora exclusive to the area and unforgettable encounters with nature. It’s a place where guests can exist in harmony with nature, however fleeting the moment, where wildlife roam the landscape under the relentless African sun at one of the best Eastern Cape Game Reserves.
- After freshening up, depart for an afternoon game drive with expert rangers and trackers.
Day 13 Full Day Safari Experience
- Wake up early with coffee and rusks for a morning game drive on custom-built 4x4 Land Rovers. This is often the best time of the day to spot predators before they duck into the shade to escape the heat. Come back for a hearty breakfast, following which, you can spend time catching a nap, or take a dip in the pool with a refreshing cocktail. After lunch, and afternoon high-tea, a game drive takes you back into the bush for some more action and adventure. Your vehicle will stop at a scenic spot for a sundowner, often dubbed as the high point of any African safari. Also of note are the bush walks, which give you a completely different perspective of the bush which cannot be appreciated from a vehicle.
- Later have a splendid dinner under a million African stars as lions roar and elephants trumpet in the distance and you exchange stories from the day’s sightings.
Day 14 See you soon
- Like all good things that must come to an end, this wonderful journey has reached its conclusion. Bid farewell to the wonderful staff who have made it a sheer dream vacation. After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home. Have a safe trip and see you soon!